Tel Aviv University welcomes students from its partner universities around the world to come and experience living and studying in the most vibrant city in Israel.
If you would like to attend the Exchange Program at TAU, please see that your home university is listed among our partner universities.
If your university does not have an Exchange Agreement with TAU, you should consider applying through TAU International Program.
What is the Exchange Program application process?
In order to begin the application process, please first contact your own university's exchange coordinator.
For the general exchange program, you may apply online after being nominated by your Student Exchange Coordinator at your university.
Once you have been nominated, you will get all the information of how to proceed with the application.
All students from all countries must obtain a visa prior to arrival in Israel. The visa you need to apply for is A2 student visa. A2 Student Visa – This visa can be obtained by applying to an Israeli embassy /Consulate in your country.
Deadlines for Fall Semester 2020-2021
Home Universities Nominations: May 15th, 2020
Students Applications: May 31st, 2020
Deadlines for Spring Semester 2020-2021
Home Universities Nominations: September 30th, 2020
Students Applications: November 15th, 2020
Which Documents Do I Need to Upload?
After your exchange at Tel Aviv University has been approved by your home university, you will need to apply online and upload the following documents (official university documents should be scanned):
- Official academic transcript in English
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic reference letter
- Brief statement of purpose
- Photocopy of your passport, which needs to be valid for at least 6 months after planned arrival to Israel
- Current photo, in JPG format (not smaller than 30KB)
- For non-English-speaking-countries: Certificate of proficiency in English (either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum scores are 89 for TOEFL and 6.5 for IELTS.
- Please note that applicants who have successfully completed or are currently enrolled in a degree in an English-speaking program (undergraduate or graduate) at a recognized academic institution in a non English-speaking country will not be required to submit English proficiency test scores. Rather, the applicant must provide an official and original letter from the institution testifying that the degree was taught exclusively in English In response to testing centers closing due to the Coronavirus Outbreak, Tel Aviv University has temporarily approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET), replacing the TOEFL and IELTS proficiency exams. Duolingo English tests taken between January and September 2020 will be accepted for Summer and Fall 2020 admission. A minimum score of 105 is required.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Hebrew (only for students who wish to take courses that are taught in Hebrew)
After getting accepted by TAU and prior to your arrival you will be asked to submit a copy of comprehensive health and travel insurance coverage, valid in Israel for the entire duration of your stay including travel. Please note that health insurance is NOT provided by TAU. students are required to purchase the insurance by themselves.
Please inform the Office of International Academic Affairs about any changes (uploads of new documents or changes in existing ones) via email.
What Happens Next
The exchange (the general program) will be handled by the Office of International Academic Affairs at Tel Aviv University. Once registered at TAU, the office coordinators will be glad to assist you with matters of registration and entry visas, and shall do their utmost to provide assistance with any further arrangements.